|I. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Betsy Steele at 7:10 PM in the Cove View Room of the church. Those present included Chairman Betsy Steele, Co- Chairman Rick McGrath, Robin Pool, Celia Frances, Sybil Johnson, Sally DAquilla, Wini Olson, Rick lead us in prayer.|
Jane Haeni sent word that she would like to have the minutes amended to reflect that children age four through first grade will go to Sunday School on mornings when the older children rehearse for the Christmas pageant. The December minutes were accepted as augmented.
A. Sybil reported that Susan is caring for a child whose sibling is in surgery.
Susan sent word that everything is fine in the coffee hour department.
B. Flowers- Robin reported that she and Betsy will arrange the poinsettias on Friday, December 14.
C. Youth- Dana Callihan was unable to attend. She sent a written report. At a recent pot luck dinner, Don Mayo helped them make origami ornaments that will be for sale next week. They have plans to go caroling and distribute cookies to shut ins on December 30. January 6 will be another pot luck.
The date for the YSOP is to be determined. The ski trip will be in February or March.
D. Sallie reported that 15 to 17 people attend the monthly service at the
Essex Meadows Health Care Center. Mitzi is making plans for home visitations.
E. Betsy initiated a discussion of communion details. Betsy mentioned that Ken purchased 150 white candles and an Advent wreath for the early services. It is assumed that the purchases will be assigned to us. Mitzi will preach this Sunday and on December 30. Ken will leave on vacation immediately after Christmas. House and Grounds is serving breakfast this Sunday.
F. Pastor Ken arrived
1. Ken asked us to take note of Passages. A discussion of Open and Affirming is approaching.
2. Ken noted that communion is served every week at the Thursday 6:30 AM service.
3. Ken announced that there will be services at 9AM and 11AM on December 23. He was reminded that the decision was made last year to have one service at 10:00 AM. All committees have been proceeding on that schedule. Rev. Ken agreed to cooperate with the plans that are in place.
4. Rev. Ken announced that it may not be convenient to have the poinsettias in place until after the pageant on December 16. All plans are to be put on hold.
5. Information for January Passages is due immediately.
6. There will be a Baptism on January 6 and a wedding on January 19.
7. The fiscal meeting will be January 27.
8. February 3 will be women’s Sunday.
9. Ash Wednesday is February 6.